Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I guess the best place to start is the beginning.  Although the real beginning involved lots of research, planning and layout design, I would like to show the initial construction of the UP&SC.  In my case that meant building the structure that the layout is housed in.


Here, concrete is being poured on a hot August day.  Luckily I contracted this part out, but I built everything else with help from friends.


Then the building was framed.



The exterior was added and I had a dry place in which to work.



Electrical and drywall were next.  Note the curved drywall.



With the addition of paint and lights, my outbuilding was starting to look like a railroad room.  The photo below depicts one of the three aisles.



If there is any interest out there I am happy to discuss room construction in more detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment