Thursday, April 18, 2019

Wow, so it's been 7 years since I've posted!

After building at a frantic pace to get ready for the NMRA 2011 national convention, I was experiencing total burnout.  So, for the next four years I operated the Summit County portion of my railroad once a month and dabbled with building structures and rolling stock.  About three years ago I decided that I it was time to build again.  So, I terminated the OP sessions and started the Union Pacific mainline portion of the railroad.

I decided to start building at the bottom of Weber Canyon just outside of Ogden.  Echo, in the upper right was already in operation. The lower deck at the far end is Uintah. The lower right is Gateway where the railroad travels through the rugged narrow Weber canyon.  To the left is the town of Morgan, which will provide considerable switching.





Below is what the area looks like today, looking from the reverse direction.  The track is operational but a couple of bridges need to be completed. The mainline is double tracked with center sidings.  On the upper right is the siding at Emory.



The next area to be built was Taggerts on the lower deck where the Railroad crosses the Weber river 4 times and passes through two tunnels.  On the upper deck is the climb up to Curvo.



Finally, I built the East staging yard at the far right.  The wood structure on the ceiling is the support for Devil's slide, Henefer, and Wahsatch which will hang from the ceiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment